Find out what’s causing your pain and what’s stopping you now.
Whether you are a Weekend Warrior, Gym-goer, Runner, an Amateur Team player, or Elite Athlete. If you are struggling with pain or injury, we can help you.
With the expertise of ABLE2 Sports Therapy, you can be competition ready, enjoy the challenges of your active outdoor lifestyle or your favourite workout safely again, without the fear of making it worse or relying on pain killers.
- Get pain-free, training safely and consistently again.
- Get stronger and learn how to reduce your risk of injury in the future.
- Instead of holding back, you will see progress, feeling more flexible and more confident.
- Play and work out as often as you like, focusing on Winning Matches, smashing your Goals, and Achieving Personal Bests. (PB’s)
Don’t worry. We can help you! 😊 Tell us your problem here: What are you struggling with?
ABLE2 Sports Therapy:
- Will understand how your injury is affecting you now, learn where you want to be, and what you need to reach your target.
- Performs a thorough assessment – taking a full history of your problem, learning how it happened, which is vital for understanding the cause of it.
- Fully examines the area of pain, with hands-on specialist testing of joints, ligaments, muscle outputs, functional strength, and balance.
- Investigates your body and lifestyle as a whole – so we can diagnose and identify underlying causes of your problem.
- Explains your diagnosis to you so you can understand what has happened to your body, why your injury occurred and what we can do together to help you recover.
- Creates an individual hands-on treatment plan with you, structured to promote optimum healing, rehabilitate strength, fitness, mobility and help restore you safely to your peak.
- Is there by your side, progressing and adapting your treatment and exercise rehab programmes step by step along the journey to fitness.
- Builds resilience in your body and educates you in ways to prevent injuries recurring.
- Works with you to maintain and build upon your performance and active lifestyle once you have recovered.
- Answer any questions you have along the way, so you have a greater understanding and become an expert in looking after your own body too.
Sports Injury can be caused by many things; a sudden blow like a hard tackle in football, lacrosse, or rugby that you can’t shake off, a sudden twisting, or an explosive sprint, a lift that was too heavy, a stretch or run that was just that bit too far, a collision with another player or hard surface like the tarmac – ouch!
Minor injuries can build up over the years; niggles never properly treated at the time, training errors, or muscle imbalances and compensation patterns that develop which we don’t realise are there until they start to annoy us, then don’t go away, before suddenly they stop us in our tracks!
Our Sports Therapist, Jay Learner, is highly skilled with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of how the body reacts to these problems. He is getting great results. He is expert in treating sports injuries and helping you get the best of your body, so you can get the best out of an active life.
Jay Learner. BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Therapy. 1st Class.
Member of Society of Sports Therapists (SST)
Jay says: “Following a sporty lifestyle, I began to fall in love with strength and conditioning at a young age. With this and a lack of experience at the time, I began to pick up my own injuries. Therefore, I understand the injury rehabilitation process from both sides of the treatment table.
Following my graduation where I obtained a first-class degree BSc Hons Sport and Exercise Therapy, which is accredited by the SST (Society of Sports Therapy), I have worked as a Fitness Instructor and a Sports Therapist in Private Practice and Bradford City AFC helping people return to their active lifestyle stronger than when they left it.”
To book an appointment with Jay click here
WHAT WE TREAT
Some common injuries we treat include (this is not an exhaustive list, please contact us if you are unsure if we can treat your injury)
- Knee Pain: Patella Tendinitis, Meniscal (cartilage) Tears, MCL/LCL sprains, ACL rehab, ITB syndrome “Runner’s Knee”, Patellofemoral Syndrome, Patella Dislocation, Hamstring strain, and more…
- Shoulder Pain: Supraspinatus Tendinitis, Rotator cuff Tears, Bicep Tendinitis, Frozen Shoulder, Impingement Syndrome, Tendinopathy, Subacromial Bursitis, Dislocation, Calcific Tendinitis, Post-Surgery Rehab, Fracture, “Throwers Arm”, Swimmer’s Shoulder”, and more…
- Back and Neck pain: Lower Back Pain, Stiffness, Whiplash, Facet Joint Impingement, “Slipped Disc”, Muscle Spasm, “Acute Locked Back”, “Trapped Nerve”, Neck Strain, Ligament Sprains, Headaches, Rehab Following Fracture, Cervical Radiculopathy, and more…
- Hip pain: Trochanteric Bursitis, Gluteal Tendinitis, Groin Pain, Snapping Hip Syndrome, Adductor Strain, Labral Tear, Post-surgical rehabilitation, Osteitis Pubis, Lateral Hip Pain, Ligament Sprain, Tendinopathy, Osteoarthritis, and more…
- Foot and ankle pain: Achilles Tendinitis, Shin Splints, “Twisted Ankle”, Stress Fractures, Plantar Fasciitis, Severs Disease, “Flat feet”, Blisters, Falls, Post-Surgical Rehabilitation, Tibia/Fibula Fracture Rehab, Ankle Sprains, Ankle Instability, Ligament Sprains, Calf tears, and more…
- Elbow pain: “Tennis elbow” (lateral epicondylitis) “Golfers’ elbow” (medial epicondylitis) Bicep tear, Bursitis, “Pitchers Elbow”, Ulnar nerve entrapment, post-surgical Rehabilitation, fracture,
- Ligament: Ligament Sprains, Tears, Post-surgical Ruptures, Strains, MCL, ACL, Anterior talofibular, and more…
- Muscle: “Pulled muscle”, Hamstring Tear, Quads Strain, Muscle Spasm, Haematoma, Muscle Weakness, Muscle Imbalance, Muscle Compensation Patterns, and more…
- Early arthritis: shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, lumbar, cervical…
- And more… Contact us to talk to us about your injury here (takes you to enquiry form)
ABLE2 can take you step by step from where you are now, uncertain what to do for the best, all the way through to recovery, back to your previous strength and ability, then on to a new peak. Confident and excited that you are ready to move forwards with strength, belief, and feeling the adrenalin of hitting your goals.
Treatments are all hands-on, and all exercises are 1:1 coached through with you during your sessions, with Online Exercise video software so you are confident what you need to do yourself to make a full recovery.
- Biomechanical Assessment
- BeActivated Therapy
- Myofascial release
- Peripheral joint mobilisations
- Sports Massage and Remedial Massage
- Muscle Energy Techniques (MET’s)
- Corrective exercise
- Rehabilitative, progressive Exercises Programmes
- Active and Passive Stretching
- Soft Tissue Release and Mobilisation
- Strength and Conditioning
- Prehab programmes to prevent injuries
- And more…